Registration deadline is Oct. 8.
Fourteen volunteer spots are available for the 9-11:30 a.m. shift at the organization’s Hunger Solution Center, 815 S. 96th St., Seattle. Please sign up now for this opportunity to help our community.
When you receive your registration confirmation email, please add your name and contact information here to help us arrange carpools.
Food Lifeline retrieves surplus food from farmers, manufacturers, grocery stores, restaurants, and retailers, which is repackaged by volunteers and distributed to food banks, shelters, and meal programs throughout Western Washington.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early.
- Carpool, if possible: Parking is limited
- Wear closed-toe shoes
- Dress in layers: The warehouse is cold.
- Volunteers must be able to stand the full session.
- Light lifting and some bending may be required.
- Volunteers under age 18 must have a signed parent/guardian consent form.
Tar Heel Service Day is held in conjunction with University Day, which honors the founding of the nation’s first public university in 1793. Activities celebrating the event occur on October 12, the date recognizing the laying of the cornerstone of Old East.
Follow the Seattle Carolina Club on our social network pages: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram and by subscribing to our local listserv email via the UNC GAA or by sending a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.