Join your fellow Seattle Carolina Club members as we organize and pack meals for the Lifelong Chicken Soup Brigade Saturday, Dec. 1. We have 15 volunteer spots available for the 9 a.m.-noon shift at the organization’s kitchen in Seattle’s Georgetown neighborhood. Please sign up now for this opportunity to help our community.
What is Chicken Soup Brigade?
Lifelong’s food program, Chicken Soup Brigade, improves the nutritional health of individuals living with chronic conditions by providing medically appropriate foods to those who are in medical need. Chicken Soup’s clients have specific health challenges, such as HIV, diabetes, kidney disease, cancer or disabling arthritis. Most are living below the federal poverty level, and all require assistance in managing their nutritional health.
What you need to bring
Volunteers work as an assembly team with a staff lead to put together both regular and special meal bag types. The process is fun, dynamic and fast paced. Volunteers should expect to stand throughout the shift. They also should bring a water bottle and a hair tie, if needed, and wear closed-toe shoes and comfortable, layered clothes. The kitchen can be chilly. Lifelong will provide clean bandanas, aprons and disposable gloves for volunteers to wear.
Sign up Now
To sign up for this fabulous opportunity to help our community, go to https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VfS60kEpz8AykIIl4Tb24AjfoX0RZnF3W7K0MykkjEs/edit?usp=sharing and fill in the requested information. Jorian Hoover is heading this service project.
Deadline to register as a volunteer is Nov. 22.
· Date: Saturday, December 1st
· Time: 9 am- noon
· Location: 210 S. Lucile Street, Seattle, 98108 (Georgetown)
· Getting Here: Free parking across the street (until 4pm), nearby residential, limited on-site (if there are free spots in our front parking lot, you are welcome to use them) and nearby bus routes (131 & 132).
· Entrance: Ring the doorbell at the FAR LEFT when you’re facing the building. A staff person will greet you and escort you to the volunteer area.
· Personal Items: Open cubbies are available for personal items. No locks.